12/16/2019

My Christmas tree / A karácsonyfám

I feel really lucky. My Christmas tree is the same one as last year! And it’s not a plastic tree. How is that possible?

Igen szerencsésnek érzem magam. A karácsonyfám ugyanaz, mint tavaly volt. És nem műfáról van szó. Hogy lehet ez?


You guessed. It’s one of those pines in a pot. :)

Szerintem jól tippeltél. Ez egy cserepes fenyő. :)

It was waiting in the garden patiently, growing stronger day by day.

Türelmesen várt a kertben, nap mint nap erősödött.

It’s not really been decorated yet, my Mum just brought it in today. It must have been heavy, heavier than last year, as we re-planted it into a bigger pot in August.

Még nem díszitettük fel, az anyukám ma hozta be. Elég nehéz lehetett, nehezebb, mint tavaly. Nagyobb cserépbe is tettük augusztusban.

I must add, the summer wasn’t nice in terms of weather. It’s not a problem for a pine tree, I know, but most of it was cloudy and rainy.

Hozzátenném, nem volt valami jó nyarunk. Ez nem gond egy fenyőnek, tudom, de felhős és esős volt az időjárás.

I think it’s a good idea to buy such a tree. Even if, unfortunately not all of them survive being in a pot for so long. It’s cost-effective (this year, we didn’t have to buy a new one), and obviously a little bit more environmentally friendly.

Szerintem jó ötlet ilyen fát venni. Még akkor is, ha sajnos nem mind élik túl a cserépben. Spórolunk is vele és környezetbarátabb is, ha nem is sokkal.

Of course, I’m fine with traditional, cut trees, which is what I had most of my childhood. Their smell is incredibly nice! This tree doesn’t have that feel. But hopefully, it’ll be here for us next year again.

Természetesen okénak tartom a tradicionális, kivágott fákat, amilyenek a gyerekkoromban voltak otthon. Az illatuk gyönyörű volt! Ez a fa nem illatos. De remélhetőleg jövőre is itt lesz nekünk.